This year, for Christmas we’re asking you to become one of SYRLJ’s regular monthly donors.
Who are we?
South Yorkshire Refugee Law and Justice are a small Sheffield-based legal charity providing vital legal advice and support to destitute and refused asylum seekers.
As with many charities, the Covid-19 Pandemic has had a devastating impact on our clients. It has also affected our organisation’s funding and our capacity to help those who need it most. Now more than ever, SYRLJ’s services are desperately needed by many and demand is growing.
Over the past 10 years there have been devastating cuts to free legal advice in the UK, especially in the immigration sector. Many asylum seekers struggle to get good quality legal advice, leaving them trapped in a cycle of destitution and hardship for years, even decades. Services like ours provide a lifeline, helping some of the most vulnerable and forgotten members of our community to move forward with their legal case, and their lives.
This Christmas, consider giving a gift that will make a real lasting difference to someone’s life. Your donation will help us to provide vital legal advice and support. It will fund important work such as gathering evidence for our clients’ legal cases, providing interpreters to enable our clients to tell their stories, and providing expert legal casework to ensure all our clients get access to justice and a fair hearing.
With your help, we can offer hope and a future to those who are often left behind by mainstream services. As one of our clients recently told us, “…other charities give me the things I need for everyday life, but SYRLJ can help me to change my life.”
Our Christmas Appeal
We’re asking you to donate to us via our JustGiving. If you can afford to make a regular donation, this can make a huge difference to sustaining our service:
We know that the pandemic has been difficult for all and not everybody can afford to personally donate, but there are lots of other ways you can help:
- Organise a fundraiser for us – this could be a sponsored run, a Zoom quiz, a Facebook birthday fundraiser, a cake sale, or a clothing swap
- Share this appeal on social media and with your friends, family, colleagues and networks
- Make a one off donation of whatever you can afford – anything you can give is appreciated
- If you celebrate Christmas and are at a loss for what to ask for, you could ask family and friends to donate to SYRLJ instead of giving a Christmas present
- Send us the rewards from your Christmas shopping on Amazon. Use our Amazon Smile to give us cashback on all your spending
If you would like any advice or support with your fundraising activities, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Many thanks in advance for your support, and Season’s Greetings!